Monday, December 30, 2013

Pimp my working space - Part I

As previously stated, christmas brought some very nice presents for me, one of the a daylight lamp with a magnifying lens (yes we are not getting younger). But to bring the lamp into place and good use, I had to rethink my working place a bit. So after a bit of shopping and a bit of screwing (and testing my new cordless screwdriver) I had much more place for my stuff without making a big mess and having to rebuild our complete "office":
New working place - Step 1
The new rack has a slot with two drawers, one slot with just a door and two slots with glass doors and inlays like a cabinet. This leaves me with enough space to store my paints, tools and crafting stuff and started projects and clearing enough space on my desktop that it doesn't always look like a big mess (and being a happy playground for our cats).

For reference my old place (in one of its better states):
Old place w/o the big mess

I still want to change some parts (for example I plan to add two shelves and add some lighting to the cabinet slots). But "Eile mit Weile" (Haste makes waste) that is a story for another day.


So long,
Paradox0n

3 comments:

  1. Having a computer near the painting range is far too big a nuisance for me, I would never have the courage to paint with a PC around, I need to have a floor between my PC and painting table to be able to work :D
    Great place though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since normally I work the whole day at a computer the urge to use it other than to listen to music while painting isn't this big ;) We also only have a three room flat and I don't want to have my PC in the living/bedroom so we have a combined office (my wife's PC and mine are in there). And my painting stuff (now ordered and not piled up anymore) ;)

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts