Friday, September 27, 2013

FFotW - Charlie Chaplin: Final speech in "The Great Dictator"

If only people today would take the words said here by heart... This speech is so breathtaking. Unbelievable if you think WHEN this movie was filmed.
Nothing more to say here, just listen...




So long,
Paradox0n

P.S.: I hope you don't mind posting me stuff far from our beloved hobby. But blogging for me isn't always just posting pics of miniatures or writing tutorials but also letting some of my personality shining through and giving a view beyond the horizon.

4 comments:

  1. I don''t mind if you post things outside the hobby. That's what forums are for. On blogger you have the room to share your personality and that's why I prefer it over forums.

    I think this was Chaplains best film and this speech embodies those believes that Charlie held most dear and those he lived by. How terrible it was when he was deported from the US, depriving a country of a voice it needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm somehow my comment here was nuked... Thanks for the comment and yes this movie is a masterpiece. My wife and I had the chance to watch the remastered HD version and it was not one moment boring.

      I love that Iron Sky made a homage to the movie :)

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts