Friday, August 23, 2013

FFotW - The Innovation of Loneliness

The Innovation of Loneliness is a really nice presentation. I especially liked the design and flow which is realised here.

The Innovation of Loneliness from Shimi Cohen on Vimeo.
What is the connection between Social Networks and Being Lonely?
Inspired and Based on the wonderful book by Sherry Turkle - Alone Together.
Also Based on Dr. Yair Amichai-Hamburgers hebrew article -The Invention of Being Lonely.


Funny sidefact: My wife almost immediately said: "Ah yes I know the book and the article and I can't agree with some of the stuff in this presentation". So this brought a nice topic for evenly discussion :)


So long,
Paradox0n

2 comments:

  1. This is true for many people, especially the younger set and it's a problem that I think will harm them in the long run. They have to be "plugged in" at all times.

    My internet life is different. Gamers only and my relationships begin and end at the comment section. I don't do emails with anyone unless it's for business. No personal chit-chat is allowed with me privately. I like my real life and would rather be in it more often than in bloggerland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your long comment.
      I think it depends. For me it is not as easy since my work is 100% for the web. And I like to play MMOs therefore I use IM-Tools. But I stay away from Facebook and the stuff. So time consuming and even real friends rather send you a FB message than taking the phone and calling you.
      Finding the balance is the key I think.

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts