Saturday, August 10, 2013

Basket full of gifts

Clay shaper
Perhaps you remember that I had my birthday some weeks ago. After having my birthday party last weekend and receiving lots of hobby related presents there, I thought I want to share with you the stuff which was given to me. A big thanks to all my friends and family for supporting my nerd hobby!

From my mother-in-law I got a whole bunch of modelling tools. First I got some modelling brushes or clay shaper or whatever these things are called in English :) That was really something I missed at my last experiments. And I also have the need for them in a future project I am planning at the moment.

Kneadatite Modelling files
Fitting to that I also got a package of Kneadatite better known as Green Stuff. I opted for the one from Army Painter, because the stuff from Games Workshop is insanely expensive and other companies only have really big packages and I wanted to test it first. Milliput would also have been an option but I wanted to start with an "easy" putty. That's the first time ever for me with Kneadatite. In the past I used Fimo (juice) for closing gabs which didn't work every time.
And I got some modelling files (also from Army Painter for the known reasons). I got really mad at my jewelry files. Yes they have diamond dust coating and all that but the have not the shape I need in most of the cases I need them for.

Pure sable brushes
Additionally I got a whole bouquet of brushes from my parents. All of pure sable and ranging from a 10 to a 00. That's pretty awesome, they supplement my Da Vinci ones really nicely and I hope I can put them to use in the near future. I am very curious how they compare to my Da Vinci ones. I only knew the manufacturer from oil painting stuff so that could be a nice surprise when I use them.

I also got some vouchers so I think of buying me a knew painting light. At the moment my favorite is something like this one. I sometimes have problems with small details and I don't want to buy some head magnifiers and therefore opt for a lamp with magnifying glasses. I hope that would relax my eyes a bit. If someone of you has some good tips for lamps I would highly recommend your help. Don't want to buy some garbage ;)


So long,
Paradox0n

4 comments:

  1. Now that's impressive that your mother-in-law would buy you tools for your hobby. You cleaned up big time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, last year I got some plastic glue and an airbrush cleaning kit. She doesn't know what this stuff is all about but "as long as you are happy with it" everything is great :)
      Same with my friends, the voucher(s) are for "some enlightenment" aka a new painting lamp.
      Even if they smile at me for my hobby, they support it because I have fun with it. I think in Germany "Wargaming" in general is not as common as in GB for example so you are always some kind of geek ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice haul. I have a lighted magnifying lamp and after using it for a year am considering getting a visor. There are times when my knife or brush handle doesn't fit easily under the glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats why I wanted a big one with a long arm. With visors I fear that my glasses won't fit (even if they tell you they will) and I really need a daylight lamp. Mine only have 5600 Kelvin instead of the 6400 and I think you cann see a difference.

      Which one do you have if I may ask?

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts