Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIP - Base for the Cauldron of Blood

WIP - Scenic base for the Cauldron of Blood
And another WIP for my Cauldron of Blood today. At the moment I am trying to build me a base for the Cauldron. Since it should be a bit more scenic I thought of a small "hill" where the cauldron stands, two witches behind it and the standard bearer in front of it.
WIP - Scenic base for the Cauldron of Blood (w. models)Since I have lots of bark in my box I used some of it to get a rough layout (which will be painted like rock). Too bad my Fimo dried out, so I couldn't finish the other parts of the hill. Any suggestions how I could do it without Greenstuff or Fimo? aybe just sanding the whole thing could work too...
For a better understanding how this should look like in the end, I placed some models on the base (sneaky skaven-ratlings are everywhere!).

What do you think of it?

So long,
Paradox0n


2 comments:

  1. When I plan on making huge scenery sculpture or have mass, I use Wall filler, it's cheap and you can work with it for enough time, it can be given realistic stone effect and greatly helps glue to stick. I also use it on big bases.
    That could be your solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm why haven't I thought of that...
      For me plaster is for big projects .Puddling it is such a big mess even with smaller amounts.
      I used know PVA glue and painted it plain black. This worked too :)

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts