Sunday, April 28, 2013

A case of brushes

The plain brush case
For a long time I cramped up my brushes just in my painting box together with my paints, knife and all the other stuff. It didn't matter if they were detail brushes or old, frayed ones used for drybrushing. But with my new Da Vinci brushes I couldn't do that anymore: I cringed to "throw" them into this mess. I really feared that the bristles will get damaged, even though I have them protected by the plastic caps for the tips.

The inner compartments of the brush case
Therefore I wished for a brush box and I really did get one. It is big enough to contain my brush soap, my Da Vinci brushes and some other hobby stuff I don't want to keep rolling around (e.g. my supersharp knives for my scalpell). The only thing I do have to change is the size of two of the brush holders. They are too big for the small size brushes and too small to hold two brushes at the same time.
I Think I will widen them a bit with my drilling tools.
The compartements are really big enough, perhaps I will fill them with felt or even some bluetack clumps so that the stuff is not rolling around or even damaging my brushes (which is not very likely I think).


Holding my Da Vinci brushes secure
The whole box is made of elmwood and therefore is really nice to touch and I don't fear that some water or paint will work the wood to swell up. The box can be closed by a small hinge which keeps the stuff you deposit there safely in. The carry handle is pretty useless I think because most of the time you will not only have to carry your brushes around but also your paints, modelling stuff and your miniatures.
But really I don't want to miss this thing anymore. My da Vincis have a new home, I don't have to worry anymore if my knife cuts open the shaft or a paintpot opens itself by accident. It holds also my paint soap and some smaller stuff I don't want to loose (like some spare blades for my scalpel). So if you get your hands on one of this cases or bags: DON'T LET LOOSE! They are worth every cent they cost and mine wasn't really expensive. As far as I know this case will cost arround 10€ the bigger one will be arround 18€ as far as I know.

The decorated brush case - Paperwork technique rocks
A small detail completely offtopic (ok not completely): My wife also decided to decorate it with some paperwork technique (I don't know how it is called in english) and make this case MUCH more appropriate for the eye to look at than before. When she has finished it I will take a more fitting photo. She just waited for me to make some pictures of the plain side so that she can continue :)


So long,
Paradox0n

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts