Saturday, November 24, 2012

Autumnal impressions

Not long ago I went to the "Europa-Park" the biggest funpark in germany because every year they have a nice halloween decoration. This time I was really lucky, because we had most of the time excellent weather which allowed me to shoot some nice Light/Shadow pictures (and some funny stuff too). Even the Eurosat, a big dome in which a rollercoaster is settled is decorated fitting to halloween.

Eurosat as big pumpkin
This is Halloween, this is Halloween,
pumpkins scream in the dead of night
It was a funny day and after we returned home, the view from our kitchen granted me another (spooky) view:

Foggy view out of my kitchen
If I only could paint somethink like that!

Some more picture heavy stuff after the break!


As always, mother nature is the best teacher for your painting style and as the sun stood low it casted some insane shadows on the decoration which should help me to get a better feeling for (strong) shadows on miniatures:

Pumpkins in the sun
Pumpkins in the sun

Pumpkin carriage
My wife told me the right one looks like me!

But there where also some pretty cool artificial animals, made out of a steel framework and pumpkins. These gave me a basic feeling for rust and lichen on bended surfaces:

Pumpkin donkey
Pumpkin donkey

Pumpkin pig
Pumpkin pig

I wonder if I can use this for some of the things on my painting table.

Last but not least some funny stuff. Ever thought of a pyramid made out of pumpkins? Me neither, but the gardeners from Europa-Park did!

Pumpkin pyramid
Walking like an egyptian
And my last picture, a funny (or scary?) corncob!

Funny (or scary?) corncob
Corncob will eat you!
You can see I had a great day. I rode for the first time a catapult rollercoaster (Wheeeeeeeee!) and enjoyed this sunny day a lot.


So long,
Paradox0n

P.S.: Some more tabletop related stuff will come soon, I just have to shoot some photos for my next part of my "Hobby Basics" series ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts