Sunday, July 29, 2012

Descent - Journeys in the Dark | Miniatures

As promised I made today some pictures of the miniatures of the boardgame Descent - Journeys in the Dark which I reviewed not long ago. Since there are so many miniatures I didn't set up my photobucket I just arranged them on my cutting mat and did some short photo shooting. If you want any of the miniatures in close up, please state so in the comments, I will then do a in deep coverage of them.

I'll be starting with the different sets of heroes. I tried to make some closeups but my camera played me some tricks, therefore only a group photo:

All of the heroes for Descent
All of the heroes for Descent

Followed by the humanoid opponents:

Weak humanoid minions
Weak humanoid minions

And the monsterous critters:

Monstrous critters
Monstrous critters

Then the bigger monsters:

Getting bigger and tougher
Getting bigger and tougher

And last but not least the big villains and scary monsters:

The evil villains and endbosses
Won't meet them in a dark alley at night, won't you?

And everything put in a group photo. There are so many miniatures in the box, I had problems fitting everything on my working table :):

All grouped together
All grouped together

All models are made out of plastics (not resin or restic, true plastics like many toy soldiers). They are therefore sometimes bended but nothing that would be really horrible and couldn't be fixed in seconds. The different color branding is important for gameplay, the red ones are elite monsters, with better stats and different abilities and the big ones often are endbosses in the dungeons. They miniatures have some descent detail, but are clearly designed for being played not something fpr miniature collectors.

If you want to risk a look at the miniatures of Descent 2, there is a nice video review on Youtube.

As far as I know, the two version are compatible to another so you can use the heroes and monsters of Descent in Descent 2.

So long,
Paradox0n

4 comments:

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts