Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blog Babble - Pingbots

Anger Kitty is dangerous
Again a more personal ramble about something what pi**es me off at the moment: Ping/Spambots.
I think every blogger has this problem: You have an eye on your statistics and are happy that your views are going up. But then you are looking closer and realise that some views are not real viewers but ping- or spambots which are not filtered out by Google. If you have millions of views this is a mere trifle but if you have only a handful of views a day, it messes everything up.

For me this is pretty annoying because in working life I have to deal with these *** bots (but can beat the crap out of 'em) and now they are messing up my blogger statistics without being able to do something against them because only Google can filter them out. Feeling like a hamster in his wheel is what angers me the most. You have to wait until somebody else fixes this problem. Or am I unaware of a solution to this problem?

How do you deal with the problem of pingbots? Is there a good solution without hosting everything yourself? Perhaps another statistics tool for blogger?

Questions above questions... Perhaps some of you know the answer.

An angry but helpless,
Paradox0n

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain mate.. really I do..

    Best thing though is to ignore them, and whatever you do.. do not click on them inside your referring links pages.. then they come in with force and really mess around with your stats! Had that problem in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that your comment wasn't displayed. Blogger thought you are a spammer. Fitting to my post, real spammers aren't recognized :-(

      My biggest problem is that I have the knowhow to block those bots, but can't use it here :-)

      Delete
    2. Hahah.. thats funny.. and actually.. it is happening a lot recently or so I am seeing.. wonder if they changed something and broke it in the process? :)

      Delete
  2. Ironic that you are capable of dealing with them, yet unable to do so in this setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Perhaps this motivates me to look into widget programming... ;)

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts